Conference Agenda and Updates
This agenda is tentative and may be changed periodically to achieve the optimal conference experience.
For the latest updates, check back here periodically and/or connect with the Southeast Region on the social media links at the lower section of each page.
- Friday, June 29
- Registration Opens at 5:00 pm
- Networking Reception and Party
- Saturday, June 30 (Spelman Spirit Day - wear your Spelman Paraphernalia)
- Morning Yoga Session on the beach - ~6:30 am
- Registration Opens at 8:00 am
- All Day Vendors Market and Health Fair
- Morning Session begins at 8:30 am (Update on Spelman College, Chapter Showcase, etc.)
- Lunch featuring Spelman College President Mary Schmidt Campbell, Ph.D.
- Multiple Workshops (panels, leadership training)
- Panel1: The Courage to Take Your Life to the Skies
Description: Sheila Chamberlain, C'81, first Black female intelligence combat pilot in the Army and LaShaundra
Holmes, C'2007, the U.S. Coast Guard's first Black female helicopter pilot, will share tales of the non-classified
portions of their military careers and inspire you to take your life to the next level...the skies. Moderator: Dr.
Latasha Russell C’2002
- SE Regional Bi-Annual Meeting (Elections, etc.)
- Closing Awards Dinner featuring the 7th President of Spelman College, Johnetta Betsch Cole, Ph.D.
- Sunday, July 1
- Gospel Brunch at Café Karibo
- Conference ends ~12 pm